Donate the easy way to the San Jose Opera Guild!
Did you know that you can painlessly donate to the SJOG, every time you shop at Amazon.com? You can, through their AmazonSmile program.
Bookmark this by clicking on the link, sign in and use it every time you shop at Amazon! 0.5% of your purchase price will be deposited in SJOG's checking account. It is the same Amazon you're used to — same products, same service. How easy is this!
Creative Travel Arrangers is offering an opera tour to
Santa Fe in August 2017.
For more details, please see: Creative Opera Tours
Opera in Cinema
For the 2016-17 season at Camera 3 Cinema, located at 288 S. Second Street in the heart of downtown San Jose: an exclusive series of first class pre-recorded operas from the legendary European opera houses in HD Digital Projection with Dolby Digital sound. There is an opera scheduled each month, with screenings Sunday mornings at 12 noon, and a repeat show Tuesday evening at 7:15pm. For ticket information, Cinema Cinemas
- June 25 & 27 Madama Butterfly (Puccini) — Festival Euro Mediterraneo/Teatro Antico Taormina (2016)
- July 23 & 25 Cosi fan Tutte (Mozart) — Opera National de Paris (2017)
- August 13 & 15 Un Ballo in Maschera (Verdi) — Bayerische Staatsoper, Munich (2016)
Metropolitan Opera 2017 Summer Encores
Met Opera Encores in HD, showing at Oakridge Century 20, 408-225-7340; Santana Row 6, 408-554-7010; and AMC Cupertino Square 16, (408) 252-5960. Confirm show times with the theater. For information contact, Met opera encores.
- Wednesday June 21, 7pm: The Pearl Fishers (Bizet)
- Wednesday June 28, 7pm: Macbeth (Verdi)
- Wednesday July 12, 7pm: Nabucco (Verdi)
- Wednesday July 19, 7pm: Carmen (Bizet)
Read the Guild's Newsletters
Downloadable issues are available in PDF format from our archives.